[Neurodebian-users] Software installation

Bennet Fauber bennet at umich.edu
Mon May 9 12:24:22 UTC 2016

I will be installing a number of instances of ND, and I would like to
preinstall a selection of software as the users will not be able to
use sudo.  Is there a handy way to install everything?  I was thinking
that maybe I could grep from the .desktop files all the lines that
match

Exec=nd-autoinstall ...

and run it from the command line, but the format seems not to be
entirely consistent, e.g., sometimes there is a -p sometimes not,

nd-autoinstall afni
nd-autoinstall -p caret

and sometimes there is more than one version, e.g.,
fsl-5.0-core:fsl-5.0-core.desktop and
neurodebian-desktop:neurodebian-fsl-4.1.desktop both seem to get
installed.

It also seems that nd-autoinstall may actually start the application
after installation, which isn't desired.

Any thoughts from people who may have deployed ND machines to, say, a
classroom, would be appreciated.

Thanks,  -- bennet