[Neurodebian-users] AFNI not available?

Bennet Fauber bennet at umich.edu
Thu May 26 02:58:02 UTC 2016

I went to install AFNI onto an ND machine this evening, but no dice.

# cat /usr/share/applications/neurodebian-afni.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
GenericName=Analysis of Functional NeuroImages
GenericName[de]=Analyse funktioneller Bildgebung
Name=AFNI
Exec=nd-autoinstall afni
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Categories=X-NeuroDebian-MedicalImaging

# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    15.10
Codename:    wily

I ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade this evening, and I rebooted after
upgrade.  I get this message from apt-get install afni (and the same from
nd-autoinstall afni).

# apt-get install afni
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package afni is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'afni' has no installation candidate

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,  -- bennet