[Neurodebian-users] afni-atlases_0.20180120 install issues on trusty

Dylan D. Wagner wagner.1174 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:23:55 UTC 2018

Hey Neurodebian folks. Noticed the following error when upgrading the
afni-atlases on trusty thought you'd like to know!

```
dpkg-deb: error: archive
'/var/cache/apt/archives/afni-atlases_0.20180120-1_all.deb' has
premature member 'control.tar.xz' before 'control.tar.gz', giving up
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/afni-atlases_0.20180120-1_all.deb (--unpack):
```

 From what I've read it appears to be something happening with recent
builds using .xz compression which is not supported by the dpkg in
Trusty and Precise
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpkg/+bug/1730627) and (see:
https://github.com/sbt/sbt-native-packager/issues/1067). I also have a
Xenial VM and it installed fine on there so can confirm it's definitely
a trusty & precise issue.

Technically I guess this isn't exactly neurodebian's problem but it also
seems easy to fix when making packages for trusty and precise until
their dpkg gets .xz support if that ever happens.