[Nut-upsdev] Belkin and newhidups (was: Belkin F6C550-AVR UPS)

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Aug 3 09:27:08 UTC 2005

[@Zaid: susbcribe to upsdev ML, as upsuser isn't the
list for such tech topics...]

> No USB/HID UPS found

belkin wasn't recognised, though I thought I added it before.
It's now done in the Development CVS.

To get it:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/nut login
+ ENTER
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/nut co -r Development nut

> I guess the next step is adding the ID for this UPS to newhidups.h

done, this will allow you to see which data are supported (use
newhidups -DDDDD...). Then post back the output here

>  and writing belkin-hid.h,
> I think I know how to add the entry to newhidups.h but I'm not quiet
> sure how to write belkin-hid.h so I'd appreciate any help with that.

this is not so hard.
with the data list, check the existing mge-hid.h (the more complete ;-)
and try to find equivalence. You might also have to ask belkin
for some help to decode proprietary usage (if there are some).

also look at previous post for APC and others. I've already put
a lot of explanation (but still not written down an "how to extend
newhidups")

Arnaud Quette
---
... and much more ...