[Nut-upsdev] Re: Belkin and newhidups

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Mon Aug 8 13:45:07 UTC 2005

> I can see iProduct but not iModel, and for some odd reason, iSerial is
> just 0 but I don't think thats very important right now.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

in fact, iModel is a path for MGE (UPS.PowerSummary.iModel).

The current detection mechanism has been extended for
apc (look at identify_ups())

If 0x0551 is unique to your model, you can base
the identification on this. Else, hem, I don't know
as the iProduct string only shows "UPS"!

There should also be a path or something in the x86
page (0086xxxx, btw wrongly used as it is reserved
for future hid extension, not for mfr extension!).
One way would be to try to add these paths as
string values, and check what you value you get
(yeh, I know, I still have to extend the DumpTree()
info to do this... patch welcome ;-)

According to all what has been found, I'll check to
extend the basic detection mechanism to handle this.
For the moment, we'll continue the hacks.