[Nut-upsdev] About CVS usage of tags and branches in NUT (was: CVS branches?)

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Tue Aug 16 07:26:54 UTC 2005

Hi Charles,

[pleased to see you back, I feel alone since the switch ;-)]

> Just curious about the use of branches in CVS on Alioth. I see the
> r2_0_1, v2_0_* and v2_1_0 branches, but what does the trunk represent?
>
> (sorry if this has been covered before, but I didn't see it in the archives.)

Caution: there are branches and tags (management the same way
by versioning systems).

The above mentionned 'numeric' are tags. I still wonder if I'll
continue to use tags: Testing "tags" (ie 2.0.2-pre1) are somewhere
managed through tarballs (as for stable), and we don't need
this much for Development... I think I'll so simply remove the
above mentionned tags not to pollute.

Available branches are: Development, Testing, Stable.

Note that the above was setup a bit in the hurry, that's
why I tried the tags too.

hope to have answered your question.