[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Powerware 3105 (USB)

Wolfgang Ocker weo at weo1.de
Thu Aug 18 12:05:18 UTC 2005

I ordered some Powerware 3105 devices for Linux workstations. These
devices only have an USB interface. I understood too late that support
for Powerware devices is only available for the serial interface.

Since the protocols over serial and USB seem to be identical, it was not
too difficult to modify the bcmxcp driver to support USB.

The new and changed files can be found here:

	ftp://ftp.weo1.de/pub/software/nut-pw3105/

Is there any interest in that driver? Should I combine the serial and
the USB driver? Perhaps it makes sense to have separate binaries because
of library dependencies. But besides the command IO functions the
drivers are identical.

Since I'm new to USB programming I'm not sure whether the error handling
and reconnect processing is correct. I'd appreciate any comments and
suggestions.

Thanks,
Wolfgang