[Nut-upsdev] RE: newhidups and APC Back-UPS CS 350 (Thomas Jarosch)

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Thu Aug 18 14:35:01 UTC 2005

> > In HIDGetEvents() there is a comment with that call:
> >         /* needs libusb-0.1.8 to work => use ifdef and autoconf */
> > You may want to make sure your libusb is up-to-date.
>
> I think the "needs libusb-0.1.8" comment refers to the call to detach
> the kernel HID driver, which was first available in libusb 0.1.8. The
> EINVAL error is probably not related to the version.

exact. if you get EINVAL (-22), this means that there is a problem
with interrupt handling. Otherwise, you should either get notifications
or ETIMEOUT.

Try to generate events when the driver is waiting for notification
(ie you got 5 sec to unplug the UPS power cord).

Alfred might have some more info about apc interrupt support.