[Nut-upsdev] Re: Driver for Powerware 3105 (USB)

Wolfgang Ocker weo at reccoware.de
Sun Aug 21 10:28:32 UTC 2005

I've made some minor adjustments to the usb part of the Powerware USB
driver

  ftp://ftp.weo1.de/pub/software/nut-drivers-pw-latest.tgz

and uploaded a Fedora Core 4 source RPM:

  ftp://ftp.weo1.de/pub/software/nut-2.0.2pw-1.src.rpm

I've rebuild that SRPM on a CentOS4 system (~ RHEL4, FC3) without
problems.

The SRPM contains an usb usermap file and a related script for the
hotplug mechanism to set the ownership of the usbfs device. Then the
driver and daemons don't need to be run as root. I have no idea how that
has to be handled for other distributions ...

Wolfgang