[nut-upsdev] Belkin and newhidups

zaid_aj at telus.net zaid_aj at telus.net
Mon Aug 29 06:21:48 UTC 2005

Hi Peter,
I got all your patches and applied them, and I wanted to say kudos for a
great job done.
This is the output of upsc that I'm getting right now.
I had the same issue when using any cvs version (from two weeks ago)
that  made my UPS go into a state where it wasn't functioning normally
(checking the kernel log shows that it cannot be connected and I had
around a page of DEVFS_USB errors and some -71 and -75 error codes) and
the only way I got it to show up again was to power the system and UPS
down and unplug it for a few seconds, but with your patches, its working
fine.

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 30
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.runtime: 120
battery.voltage.nominal: 12
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.1.0
driver.version.data: Belkin HID 0.1
driver.version.internal: 0.27
input.voltage: 119.6
input.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.restart: 0
ups.delay.shutdown: 0
ups.devicechemistry: PbAc
ups.firmware: -16
ups.load: 43
ups.mfr: Belkin
ups.model: UPS
ups.power.nominal: 550
ups.serial: unknown
ups.serial.internal:
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.type: offline
zzz.ups.belkinstatus.belkinbatterystatus: 00000010
zzz.ups.belkinstatus.belkinpowerstatus: 0000c000
zzz.ups.powersummary.capacitygranularity1: 1
zzz.ups.powersummary.capacitygranularity2: 1
zzz.ups.powersummary.capacitymode: 2
zzz.ups.powersummary.configvoltage: 12
zzz.ups.powersummary.current: 0
zzz.ups.powersummary.designcapacity: 100
zzz.ups.powersummary.fullchargecapacity: 100
zzz.ups.powersummary.ioeminformation: Belkin
zzz.ups.powersummary.iproduct: UPS
zzz.ups.powersummary.rechargeable: 1
zzz.ups.powersummary.remainingcapacity: 100
zzz.ups.powersummary.voltage: 136

It seems the ups.status doesn't show OL here, I tried unplugging the UPS
from the outlet and after a few seconds it shows it as OB Discharging so
we know its updating the values, the same goes with the remaining
capacity and runtime (they decrease when I run on UPS only).

What level of debug do you want me to run newhidups with and post back
its output?

Zaid