[nut-upsdev] Belkin and newhidups

zaid_aj at telus.net zaid_aj at telus.net
Wed Aug 31 10:04:15 UTC 2005

Hi Peter,

Thanks for clarifying the OL CHRG message.
About the experiments, I don't have ups.timer.* but ups.delay.* which I
assumed was the same thing so I started writing values to
ups.delay.shutdown & ups.delay.restart and here are the results:

Permenant shutdown:
     upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=60
     I turn my system off, and after a few seconds the UPS goes offline
     and doesn't come back until I manually press the power button.

Timed shutdown:
     upsrw -s ups.delay.restart=2
     upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=60
     I turn my system off, and after a few seconds the UPS goes offline,
     then after a few more seconds it comes back online (doesn't matter
     if AC was present or not). By the way, for some reason, it seemed
     that the UPS restarted in less than 2 minutes, something like
     ~4 seconds..

Soft shutdown:
     I'm not sure how to produce this :)

I'm having a bad feeling that this UPS is another brain-dead one from
Belkin..

Zaid