[Nut-upsdev] Ellipse ASR-Model Report Descriptor tree

Patrick Agrain patrick.agrain at alcatel.fr
Fri Dec 9 14:39:20 UTC 2005

Hi all

Arnaud,
Some newly purchased Ellipse ASR-model UPS find their way to my office for
a first evaluation test.
It concerns the Ellipse 1500 and Ellipse 1000 models.

As you know we are still working with hidups.
Peripheral recognition, start of NUT, mains short interruptions management,
all that work fine... as expected ;-)

But changes occured on the delayed shutdown procedure after the generation
of the FSD message.

The USB analyzer shows :
- that the UPS_WAKEDELAY (0x840056) and UPS_GRACEDELAY (0x840057) pages
were linked to another Report ID as for previous Ellipse model.
---> This is problably normal. I think these models have another mapping.

- that the programmed value was 0 ( not foreseen ) instead of those written
in hidups.h . Therefore, the UPS cut off the power supply as soon as
programmed.

Is a report descriptor tree available anywhere, just to be sure we are
pointing to the right Report ID ?
For information, previous Ellipse model have their descriptor tree shown in
an MGE document ref. 34003616ZA.

Is such a document also available for the new ASR model ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Patrick Agrain