[Nut-upsdev] SEC protocol driver.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:05:48 UTC 2005

On 12/18/05, Julius P. Malkiewicz <julius at sonartech.com.au> wrote:
> Hi!
>   I've resurrected the old SEC driver (from 1.4 series) as I have in my
> possession a couple of Belkin OmniGuard 3200, which happen to use the SEC
> protocol.  I sent an email with the new driver attached, but as it's about
> 50kbytes, it seems it's waiting for approval from the list maintainer :(.
> (the list restricts posts to 30k?).
>
>    In case someone is wondering (in bytes):
>      1.4.3 - sec.c=18875 sec.h=15783 total=34658
>      2.0.X - sec.c=48855 sec.h= 6252 total=55107
>
>    a slight increase, but there is also an increase in functionality :).
>
>    How should/can I submit the code?  .tar.gz? ... it would be nice to
> share the code with the rest of the community :).

Please create a tracker item at the Alioth NUT project page and attach it there:

    http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?atid=411544&group_id=30602&func=browse

(Smaller patches can be gzipped or tar/gzipped.)

Putting items on the tracker makes sure your contribution sticks
around long after your email has scrolled off the top of the new mail
list :-)

--
- Charles Lepple