[Nut-upsdev] problem with dynamic libusb.so

Alfred Ganz alfred-ganz at agci.com
Wed Jul 27 21:03:00 UTC 2005

Gentlemen,

I am making progress with with my APC USB device. However, I have
encountered a problem with the current build for newhidups.

The problem is that on my system libusb.so resides in /usr/lib, which
at the end of the shutdown sequence is no longer available. I believe
that this is probably a relatively generic problem, and I think that the
proper solution is to link all usb drivers statically if libusb.so does
not reside in /lib.

Could someone more familiar with the configure and build process please
provide me with an appropriate change?

Thank you, AG

   Alfred Ganz					alfred-ganz at agci.com
   AG Consulting, Inc.				(203) 624-9667