[Nut-upsdev] Re: nut mustek driver

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Jul 30 19:15:09 UTC 2005

Markus Layr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>thanks for the mustek driver for the nut packages.
>It works nearly perfect for my Mustek PowerMust USV 2000VA.
>
>There is only a little problem concering the battery.charge, perhaps you
>can help me to solve it.
>
>I always get 100.0 as value for the battery.charge, it never changes.
>
>Regards,
>Markus Layr
>

>root at markus: pts/2: 996 files 2,5Gb -> !upsc
>upsc server at localhost
>battery.charge: 100.0
>battery.voltage: 24.3
>driver.name: mustek
>driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
>driver.version: 2.0.1-pre4
>driver.version.internal: 0.2
>input.frequency: 50.1
>input.voltage: 224.3
>output.voltage: 221.5
>ups.load: 014
>ups.mfr: Mustek
>ups.model: PowerMust
>ups.status: OL

NUT has two drivers supporting Mustek hardware. I wrote "powermust", not
"mustek".

I recommend you to use "powermust", as "mustek" doesn't support 24V
UPSes like yours (that's why there is always 100% charge). Besides,
"powermust" has more features.

I'm CC'ing this to upsdev, because I think it doesn't make sense to keep
both "mustek" and "powermust" around. "powermust" supports everything
"mustek" supports, and more, and better. So... :)

Carlos Rodrigues