More information Re: [Nut-upsdev] TrippLite OMNI1000LCD hiddev

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Nov 7 03:39:56 UTC 2005

Charles Lepple wrote:

> On 11/6/05, Joel Peshkin <joel at peshkin.net> wrote:
> > A bit of additional information.....
> >
> > If I am reading this correctly,   the UPS is reporting battery status
> > events as if they were UPS events...  (84 instead of 85)
>
> Good call.
>
> Fortunately, newhidups is modular, and we can create a mapping table
> for these particular UPSes.
>
> > Any other experiments I should try?
>
> Please send the output from:
>
>    newhidups -x vendorid=3D09ae -x generic -DDDDD auto
>
> (replacing the vendorid as necessary; the above ID is from a TrippLite
> OMNIVS1000)

For this purpose, -DD will usually be enough: the remaining D's will
just generate noise that is intended for debugging the driver, not the
UPS.

If I have time, in the near future, I will go through all the
debugging code and will adjust the various "debug levels" so that
there is some useful and well-documented meaning to them. -- Peter