[Nut-upsdev] serial/USB-over-HID layer for fentonups

Pierre-Yves AILLET pierreyves.aillet at free.fr
Wed Oct 5 14:04:00 UTC 2005

Selon Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:

> Pierre-Yves AILLET wrote:
>
> > > It may be a permissions problem (although energizerups still may need
> > > some tweaking).
> > >
> > I don't think so, I tried it as root.
>
> Did you give the "-u root" option? Notice that NUT drivers drop root
> privileges *before* opening the device. So even if you run it "as
> root", it may not actually run as root. The "-u root" option is needed
> to prevent it from doing that.
>
> This behavior is documented in the upsdrvctl(8) man page.
>
> -- Peter

erf, looks like, I didn't make my homework correctly, sorry.

So :
yuggoth blaz # upsdrvctl -u root start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.0
Network UPS Tools - Energizer USB UPS driver 0.01 (2.0.0)

Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

No Energizer UPS detected
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

--
AILLET Pierre-Yves