[Nut-upsdev] Re: CyberPower 685AVR and newhidups

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Oct 21 03:26:08 UTC 2005

Developers:

I have just added a new option "-x generic" to newhidups in the
Development tree. This provides a "generic" subdriver that can connect
to any device, even unsupported ones. Of course, it does not do
anything useful, but at least it allows the HID Tree to be dumped
without first updating source code. One should always use this with
"-x vendorid=<XXXX>" to make sure it connects to the correct device.

Scott:

Please get the newest Development version of NUT from CVS, and re-run
newhidups with the following command line:

drivers/newhidups -DD -u root -x generic -x vendorid=0764 auto

This will output a bunch of useful information, including many lines
starting with the word "Path:". (You can then use CTRL-C to kill the
driver). Please post this information back to the list.

Thanks, -- Peter