[Nut-upsdev] Liebert PSI 1440 support

Stewart Morgan stewart at nameless-uk.com
Sun Sep 25 20:09:28 UTC 2005

Hello,

Peter Selinger wrote:
 > Stewart Morgan wrote:
 >>Peter Selinger wrote:
 >>
 >>>The CVS version is cleaner than the 2.0.2, but does not differ
 >>>significantly in functionality. -- Peter
 >>
 >>	Apart from the addition of Belkin support? :)
 >
 > Yes, that detail :) I assume you saw the discussion on Sep 7/8 with
 > Jochen Bern about how Liebert and Belkin seem to behave
 > identically. But your problem appears to be more fundamental than
 > that.

	I did -- this is what gave me a little hope in the first place :)
However, as you say, connecting to the thing seems to be the fundamental
problem at the minute :(

 > Do you have reason to believe that your USB is indeed device 0 on bus
 > 0? I am not familiar with BSD, but usually the first device on any bus
 > is a host controller. In this case, it would not be surprising that
 > you can't get descriptor 0x22 - it would not have one.

	Well, I did originally try with just the numbers ("0 0"), and the
program suggested that the only available options were "/dev/usb0" and
"/dev/ugen0" -- so I stuck with them.  I *think* (from vague reading of
the libusb code) that the BSD-specifics allow/use device-paths rather
than bus/device positions; though I may be wrong there :)

 > I am attaching another program, usbtest.c, that iterates through all
 > USB devices and dumps information about them (similar to usbview).
 > If you could post the output of this, it might help.

	Certainly -- see below; again, with libusb debugging switched on for
extra noise ;)

 > Also run the Development version of NUT from CVS, with the -DD option,
 > and post the output. It might contain some hints as to where things
 > fail.

	I'll see what I can do to fetch/build this tonight/tomorrow and post
back as soon as I can.  It feels so close, yet so far away :-/

----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
root@#> USB_DEBUG=3 ./usbtest
usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 3 (on)
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb0
usb_find_busses: 1
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb0
usb_find_busses: 0
usb_os_find_devices: Found /dev/ugen0 on /dev/usb0
usb_control_msg: 128 6 512 0 0xbfbfeb00 8 1000
usb_control_msg: 128 6 512 0 0x804e040 34 1000
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_find_devices: 1
usb_os_find_devices: Found /dev/ugen0 on /dev/usb0
usb_find_devices: 0
usb_get_busses:
BUS 0x804c000
next: 0x0
prev: 0x0
dirname: /dev/usb0
devices:
   DEVICE 0x804c800
usb_control_msg: 128 6 768 0 0xbfbfe8b0 255 1000
USB error: error sending control message: Input/output error
   Can't get Manufacturer
usb_control_msg: 128 6 768 0 0xbfbfe8b0 255 1000
USB error: error sending control message: Input/output error
   Can't get Product
usb_control_msg: 128 6 768 0 0xbfbfe8b0 255 1000
USB error: error sending control message: Input/output error
   Can't get SerialNumber
   next: 0x0
   prev: 0x0
   filename: /dev/ugen0