[Nut-upsdev] Cyberpower 900AVR/BC900D newhidups problem

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:46:44 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Lincoln Turner <lincolnturner at gmail.com> wrote:
> HID descriptor too short (expected 8, got 0)

What does 'lsusb -vvv' say after the kernel usbhid driver is detached?
(i.e. if you unplug and replug the device, make sure that you re-run
newhidups once before running lsusb).

> usb 2-2: Product: CPS RS232 USB BRIDGE for UPS

This makes me wonder if it is just a USB-to-serial bridge. If that
were the case, newhidups would not know how to communicate with it -
the cyberpower serial driver would have to be adapted instead.

> Oh, and I had to comment out these lines in libhid.h to get it to
> compile:
> /* ensure these exists (required for Solaris 10) */
> //#ifndef u_int16_t
> //      typedef uint16_t u_int16_t;
> //#endif
> //
> //#ifndef u_int8_t
> //      typedef uint8_t u_int8_t;
> //#endif
>
> ... but I assume these were only relevant to solaris? Or is this a
> problem?

What was the compilation error? It needs the types on the right-hand
side, but they may not have been preprocessor defines. (The proper
solution involves some autoconf magic, and I won't have time to fix
this myself - any volunteers?)

--
- Charles Lepple