[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r414 - in trunk: . drivers

Niels Baggesen nba at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 25 14:57:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:36:03PM +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> > There are no other instances like this.
>
> Yes there are, quite a few actually. Take for instance
> 'drivers/mge-shut.c', in the function 'char_read' where the variable 'now'
> is defined:
>
> 	if (FD_ISSET (upsfd, &readfs)) {
> 		int now = read (upsfd, bytes, size - readen);

This is not the same. This int declaration is at the top of a block, and
that has always been valid C. The cpsups instance IS (was) the only one,
and it was introduced just a couple of weeks ago.

I routinely compile with gcc2, gcc3 and gcc4 just to catch the largest
share of problems.

And there are stricter compilers than gcc!

/Niels

Niels Baggesen -- @home -- Århus -- Denmark -- niels at baggesen.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers  --  R W Hamming