[Nut-upsdev] upsdrv_print_ups_list and afferant reflections

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Aug 8 15:40:57 UTC 2006

Jonathan Dion wrote:

> Arnaud want to have color for the status of the driver (stable,
> unstable, supported by producer, from reverse engineering, ...). For
> that, I need to make the structure I spoke of before (with driver
> name, version, author, maintener, status and so on).
>
> The problem is for newhidups driver. It is one driver, but some
> subdriver are supported by producer, and some other are made from
> reverse engineering.  And as it is an automic driver (through claim
> function), wich subdriver is used don't appears in the driver.list.
> Do you see a way to make something about that ? What is your opinion ?

I think being "stable", "supported" etc is not a property of drivers,
but a property of pairs (x,y) where x is a driver and y is a device.
Generally, even drivers that have been stable for years might not
work perfectly with a new device. This applies to all drivers, not
just newhidups.

You could also, for the purpose of this list, list each newhidups
subdriver separately.

-- Peter