[Nut-upsdev] newhidups subdriver_matcher incorrectly matches USB hub

Jonathan Dion dion.jonathan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 06:59:02 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I was discusing before about those claim function.

I'm currently, for the use of a print-ups-list tool, making a table,
in the drivers, of the caracteristics of the UPS they support.

VendorID and ProductID is a part of it.

I thought of using it in the claim function, so it would only claim
VendorID ProductID pair that are in this table, but I get reply that
it could lead to not support anymore some device that are already
supported (until at least we add them to the table).

If you think it is finally a good idea (as it seems because you done
something similar by doing this), I can rework the claim function to
do the job. The claim function would then be in newhidups.c, reducing
redundance.

The fact is that we would need the VendorID and ProductID pair for
each UPS supported. For that, we would need users to send it to us.

The advantage is that we would only need to update those tables to add
a supported UPS.

Your thought ?

> However, I have now changed this in SVN so that only device 0980 is
> matched as a UPS. This may mean that some similar devices might not
> seem "supported" in the future, until some user tells us about the
> device. I have not yet made the corresponding change for MGE, again
> because they have many devices and I don't have a list of them (what
> are they? I know about ffff and 0001).

Yes, MGE UPS are all under the ProductID 0001 or ffff. After asking my
collaborators, I now have the list of each MGE UPS and the
correspnding ProductID

Cheer,

Jonathan Dion