[Nut-upsdev] about the 2.0.5 release

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:30:40 CET 2006

On 12/18/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/12/18, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> > On 12/18/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > - that the brief NEWS message fits everybody (analyzing the real diff
> > > between the Testing+trunk backport and the last trunk backport over
> > > Testing was a mess).
> >
> > I'll have to double-check myself, but I think that there were a number
> > of additions and bugfixes to tripplite_usb, including support for more
> > UPS models. Should we add this there, or do you want to keep NEWS
> > short?
>
> if we mention the tripplite_usb changes, we'll have to do the same for
> the others...
> Though I would prefer the clean approach of referencing the changes,
> keeping the NEWS simple would be a good option to release quickly
> 2.0.5.

You're right. It's definitely less info than in the previous NEWS
entries, but then again, there will always be those who will upgrade
just because the version number is higher.

If there are no special upgrade instructions, we should probably
mention that in UPGRADING (which is referenced by NEWS).

--
- Charles Lepple