[Nut-upsdev] New default for SNMP and USB (and HAL) compilation

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Dec 29 04:46:02 CET 2006

Charles Lepple wrote:

> On 12/28/06, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> > * make distcheck now works, HAL and all.
>
> Hmm, 'make distcheck' now fails for me on OS X because I don't have
> hiddev. It will probably fail later because I don't have HAL. Could we
> have distcheck use '--with-all=auto' instead? I realize this makes
> distcheck slightly less all-encompassing, but that would make it
> useful on platforms other than Linux.

No, "make distcheck" is a maintainer command. There is no use for this
command to be portable to multiple platforms. It should only be issued
by a maintainer creating a distribution, and for that purpose, all the
features must be enabled to ensure that all the necessary files are
distributed.

-- Peter