[Nut-upsdev] New default for SNMP and USB (and HAL) compilation

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 06:19:16 CET 2006

On 12/28/06, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/28/06, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
>
> > I have solved this slightly differently, by using EXTRA_LIBRARIES
> > instead of noinst_LIBRARIES. Your solution will not work if the user
> > selects something like
> > --without-hal --with-drivers=hald-addon-usbhid-ups
>
> Further exposing my ignorance on automake variables, I can't see why
> this simple sanity check doesn't work.
>
> * On Ubuntu 5.10, with libusb headers and hiddev.h, but no HAL headers.
>
> * checked out a clean copy of the trunk (rev 666)
>
> * ./configure && make
>
> The "Feature summary" matches what I have:
>
> Feature summary:
> enable SSL development code: yes
> build CGI programs: no
> build upsclient library: no
> build serial drivers: yes
> build SNMP drivers: yes
> build USB drivers: yes
> enable HAL support: no
>
> ... but no USB drivers are built.
>
> If it says 'build USB drivers: yes', do you still have to pass in
> '--with-drivers=...' and explicitly name the USB drivers?

Not sure if this helps any, but I found this in config.log:

HAVE_HIDDEV_FALSE=''
HAVE_HIDDEV_TRUE='#'
HAVE_LIBUSB_FALSE=''
HAVE_LIBUSB_TRUE='#'

so there might be a typo here:

configure.in:353:AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_LIBUSB, test "${nut_with_libusb}" = "yes")

I can't seem to find where ${nut_with_libusb} is set, although there
is a ${nut_have_libusb} in m4/nut_check_libusb.m4, and ${nut_with_usb}
in configure.in.

--
- Charles Lepple