[Nut-upsdev] newhidups (2.03-pre2) not working with APC Back-UPS

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Feb 6 17:08:16 UTC 2006

Charlie Brady wrote:

> > > Sort of. I'm home with a headcold. Send me the code; I won't make
> > > promises, but I'll try to give it a run.
> >
> > Well, if you're not reproducing the problem, there isn't anything to
> > test.
>
> Well I'm not restarting the driver. I saw those messages during driver
> shutdown, IIRC.
>
> Running the driver under ltrace led to something interesting:

> strcmp("Outlet", "PowerSummary")                                 = -1
> strcmp("OutletID", "PowerSummary")                               = -1
> strcmp("PowerSummary", "PowerSummary")                           = 0
> strchr("RunTimeToEmpty", '.')                                    = NULL
> strcmp("APCGeneralCollection", "RunTimeToEmpty")                 = -1
> strcmp("APCBattReplaceDate", "RunTimeToEmpty" <unfinished ...>
> --- SIGINT (Interrupt) ---
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

Not sure what to make of this... What generated the Interrupt? Did you
hit Ctrl-C, or was this generated internally? Seems strange that there
should be a segfault inside strcmp, if both strings are 0-terminated.

> Please also see my earlier posts about reliability issues. I've had no
> response to any of them.

I can't respond to any issues about libusb, that's not my expertise.
Others on this list know more about it. Also, some of those threads
have gotten so long that I have lost track of what issues are open and
which ones are resolved. Did you log an entry in the bug tracker?
That might be a more reliable way to make sure the issue gets on
someone's radar sooner or later.

-- Peter