[Nut-upsdev] Re: NUT + Cyberpower AVR1200 (BC1200) + FreeBSD 6.0

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Thu Feb 9 14:05:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:16:23 -0800, doug reynolds <mav at wastegate.net>
wrote:

> Andrew Burgess wrote:
>> I got one of these working recently with NUT. I modified the
>> cpsups.c driver, mostly deleting leading "\r" in the strings,
>> which seemed to confuse my ups, changed the timeout which caused
>> lost characters and adding the id returned by the ups.
>>
>> I haven't really finished
>> with it but it did find the ups, poll it and return battery level
>> etc. I used the serial interface and this was linux not bsd.
>>
>> Attached is cpsups.c (this was from nut-2.0.3)

> I've not much of a c / c++ programmer, but I did hack with the source
> (your .c file didn't come through, did what you said) to get my avr1200
> working (kinda).
>
> however, it doesn't seem to know how to shut off right.  I pulled the
> plug and it turned off after about ~5 minutes, and it wouldn't power on
> after I plugged the ups back in.  it would only turn back on after I
> cycled the power switch..

That not powering on part sounds familiar, I think its a design defect
in the ups firmware, but this is from memory

> any clues, or is my UPS driver still too dumb to know what to do??  I
> need to borrow my friend's laptop to grab the XP datastream to figure
> stuff out.

I don't know what an XP datastream is :-)

I'll attach the two files that I changed, there are some extra debug
statements
which show all the data to/from the ups. You are already farther
that I got, I kinda dropped the ball...

PS I changed the list to nut-devel from nut-upsuser