[Nut-upsdev] SVN migration status

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:08:04 UTC 2006

2006/2/18, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:

> It looks like the Subversion migration is working. The CVS repository
> is still there, but in read-only mode. However, the SVN repository
> preserves the version history of the CVS repository, albeit organized
> slightly differently.
>
> For an introduction to Subversion, this online book is essential:

Thanks to Charles for his excellent work on this point. This will make our
developers life more easy than with CVS.

I will simply complement a bit the client tools part:

Apart from the before mentionned Trac and websvn, there are few client tools
to help you managing your svn working area (local working copy):

- esvn (QT based): http://esvn.umputun.com/

- rapidsvn (wxWidgets based): http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/

- cli tools: as for CVS, you have a set of command line tools, bundled with
the base subversion client.

While the 3 above are cross platform (Linux, OS X, Windows, ...), there are
many other specific tools and pluggins:
- TortoiseSvn, subcommander, tksvn, Eclipse and MSVC pluggins, ...
For a complete list, have a look at: http://scm.tigris.org/