[Nut-upsdev] Problems checking out SVN repository

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:25:23 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:

> > Ok, so I'm trying to checkout the development branch with:
> >
> >     svn checkout svn+ssh://carlosefr-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/nut/trunk
> >
> > But it keeps asking me for the password, which is weird for two reasons:
> >
> >    1. I submitted a public key to alioth, which I was using
> > successfully to access the cvs repository;
> >    2. It refuses my password.
> >
> > Anybody else having problems, or is it just me?
>
> Exactly the above has frustrated me too, to the point where I'm about to
> give up any effort in trying to make this svn thing work. I even changed
> my password (just in case I might have mistaken it) to no avail. Curious
> thing is, that I can still checkout via cvs, which doesn't prompt me for a
> password (like it is supposed to, since I also submitted a public key).
> :-(

Arjen,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties. Please let us know when things
like this come up - we can't fix things if we don't know they are
broken.

If you can fix it by creating the .ssh directory, setting permissions
to 0600 and manually synchronizing your keys, then we need to let the
Alioth admins know that automatic synchronization is broken.

--
- Charles Lepple