[Nut-upsdev] Problems checking out SVN repository

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Feb 23 21:35:10 UTC 2006

I have had similar problems (no .ssh directory, password is often only
accepted on the third try).

In my case, these is a strange additional problem: on the host
svn.debian.org, my own home directory is not owned by me, but by
someone named jdassen:

selinger-guest at costa:~$ whoami
selinger-guest
selinger-guest at costa:~$ pwd
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/selinger-guest
selinger-guest at costa:~$ ls -ld $HOME
drwxr-xr-x  2 jdassen users 4096 May  8  2005 /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/selinger-guest
selinger-guest at costa:~$

Therefore, I was unable to create the .ssh directory. I wrote to
root at svn.debian.org about this, but I suspect it is not an attended
email address, and I was too lazy to do research on whom to contact.

-- Peter