[Nut-upsdev] Non Standard USB HID UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:34:36 UTC 2006

On 1/11/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2005/12/28, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> > On 12/28/05, Pierre-Yves AILLET <pierreyves.aillet at free.fr> wrote:
> > > The libhid.c and libhid.h files in the Nut CVS are completely different
> from the
> > > original libhid svn files. Then what would be the correct way to use
> libhid from
> > > the libhid project for my non-standard UPS ? (inclusion in NUT or
> package
> > > dependancy)
> >
> > Arnaud would probably be in a better position to answer this, but I
> > believe he will be on vacation for another week.
>
> configure test (check the one of libusb) + package deps

Note that Pierre-Yves later posted a copy of his driver, which he said
uses "libhid like tripplite_usb". Technically, that's libHID, not
libhid :-) So it shouldn't need any more configure tests beyond what
is there for tripplite_usb and newhidups.

Unfortunately, I still haven't had time to go over the code, but it
hasn't been forgotten.

> Note that the port to libhid should still happen by 2.2...

This is referring to the external libhid which lives at
http://libhid.alioth.debian.org, not the embedded libhid.

--
- Charles Lepple