[Nut-upsdev] snmp-ups hacking

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:04:10 UTC 2006

Hi there,

the 3phase and snmp topic have been neglected for too long, so time has come
to make a move...

2006/1/25, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at telia.com>:

> Hi,
>
> This looks ok for me.

for me too, at first sight

If there is no objections to the new naming for 3phase and
> the patch, I submit it to the Development branch.
>
> Arnaud, any comments or is it OK ?

I'll have to test it a bit, but it should be fine.
OK for commiting, and if there is any change, we're in Dev after all, so no
big problem...

Basically, the ".0" suffix removal was done for some simplification.
I've not really spent time on snmp-ups since I first wrote it, and remember
it's a quick evening hack never really completed so still tagged
experimental .

If somebody is interested in taking over it, that would be great.
I've logged the TODO list in snmp-ups.c header, but the sub-driver mecanism
Peter has made for newhidups would be nice for snmp-ups too.

I'll try to have a closer look at 3phase naming and reflexion, as I've some
thought on it, but got the lay that down...

Thanks to you both for taking on that task. Note that there is something in
the tracker about that:
https://alioth.debian.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=31&group_id=30602&func=browse