[Nut-upsdev] Bug #302338 (genericups: custom configurationthrough ups.conf, not working)

Charlie Brady charlieb-nut-upsdev at e-smith.com
Tue Jan 31 16:13:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> > But I'd like to know what I'm testing. Could you please post a bug tracker
> > URL? I'm having trouble finding #302338.
>
> That may be because I closed the bug (maybe a little overenthousiastic). See
>
> http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302338&group_id=30602&atid=411542
>
> for one of the bugreports.

OK, and that leads to:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-October/000172.html

But note that there are two issues in that post, and only one appears to
be addressed in the patch. The patch adds support for certain CyberPower
UPSen, but that should not have been necessary - the full custom
specification in upsd.conf should have worked, shouldn't it?

Or was the patch to CVS different to the CyberPower support patch, and
directly addressed the custom config?

Thanks

--
Charlie