[Nut-upsdev] snmp-ups hacking

Mike Patterson mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 31 17:19:53 UTC 2006

Niklas Edmundsson wrote on 1/24/06 8:36 AM:
> * Updates the other mibs to hopefully work, needs testing by people
>   with hardware.

I assume that this patch has been committed to CVS, since in my checkout
of today I see:
# grep SNMP_MSG snmp-ups.c
        pdu = snmp_pdu_create(SNMP_MSG_GET);
        pdu = snmp_pdu_create(SNMP_MSG_SET);
#

I've been going crazy trying to get this going with our Powerware UPSen
with SNMP cards - I can't tell if it's something I'm doing wrong, or if
the SNMP is just plain busted for these models.

I'd be willing to spend some hours with somebody who knows the code,
since I'm a lousy C programmer and my knowledge of SNMP isn't much better.

For reference, I have (among others) a Powerware 9125 with the
ConnectUPS Web/SNMP card - v.3.16.  We also have several 9150s, but the
9125 is the one I have most immediately to hand (in my office on a test
box).

upsc sees it and upsmon seems to know when it loses communication (I
pull the network cable for the SNMP card out of the switch), but not
when I pull the mains plug on the UPS.  upsc sees input.voltage go to 0,
but no alarms fire, which makes me think it's just a config issue, but
maybe there's something else missing and nothing else I do will fix it?

(Sending this to upsdev, since it's SNMP and I know it's still in
development.)

Thanks,

Mike