[Nut-upsdev] Rework of the configuration files (task 280)

Jonathan Dion dion.jonathan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:00:37 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the upsdev team, nice to meet you ! I'm currently doing an
internship at MGE UPS, working with Arnaud Quette for the NUT project.

I'll work for 2 months on the reworking of the configuration files for NUT
and creation of libupsconfig and upsconfig libraries. (task 280 and 281 of
the NUT project)

My planning is as follow :

Week 27 : Become used with the project, create a draft about the formalism
of the new config files
Week 28 : Send this draft to the mailing lists concerned to have the
feed-back of the developers. I would need feed-back before the end of week
29.
Week 29/30 : Create a draft for the specification of the accessors (API) and
send it to the mailing list. I would need feed-back before the end of the
week 31.
Week 30 : Send the final specifications of the formalism of the new config
files and creation of a parser for this format.
Week 32 : Creation of libupsconfig
Week 33 : Creation of the software to automaticaly migrate the old config
files to the new format
Week 34 : Tests, tests and perhaps some tests ^_^

I hope I'll get a lot of feed-backs to help me make a good work.

Please find at this adress my draft about the formalism to use for the
config files (The file is too big to send it with this mail):
http://opensource.mgeups.com/projects/nut-config.htm

regards,

Jonathan Dion