[Nut-upsdev] RFC: allow HID subdriver's to register ups.conf

j T hyvan_trant at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 3 23:54:40 UTC 2006

Hi Peter

As init() is more general-purpose than my extendvartable(), is it still ok
to have it be called from the end of upsdrv_makevartable()?

I was just thinking that, while it's reasonable to expect that the
subdriver's vartable additions would happen there (hence the name
"extendvartable"), it's not necessarily the most obvious place for other
kinds of initialisation to happen when a routine called "makevartable" is
getting called from main()...

Anyway, just a thought...

Jo Turner
   -)O(-