[Nut-upsdev] Re: RE Fentonups driver - FreeBSD 6.x

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Tue Jun 6 13:56:26 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Stefanos Sofroniou <ssofroni at cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. It really means a lot to me. I have tried powermust
> driver and this is the message:
>
> $ /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3
> Network UPS Tools - Mustek PowerMust UPS driver 1.1 (2.0.3)
> Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003, 2004
>
> Mustek PowerMust UPS, or compatible, detected.

This looks ok. It should work then.

After doing an "upsc yourups at localhost" check the "battery.charge" to
see if it looks ok. If it doesn't, I'll need some extra information to
fix it (that is just cosmetic though, it won't stop the driver from
working as it should).

> Shouldn't I see something like this example message? :
>
> # /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 1.5.12
> Network UPS Tools - Belkin Smart protocol driver 0.21 (1.5.12)
> Detected F6C525-SER on /dev/cuaa0
>
> I red that from installation manual and I was wondering if it's ok I haven't
> seen anything like that.

Those messages are printed by the driver itself, so they differ from
driver to driver.

--
Carlos Rodrigues