[Nut-upsdev] tripplite_usb and Omni1000

Brandon Siegel bsiegel at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 17 23:58:40 UTC 2006

Just an update:

I tried adding "-x productid=2005" to the commandline of tripplite_usb
to force it to match, and this is the output:

Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.6 (2.1.0)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

debug level is '5'
Checking device (0000/0000) (002/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (09AE/2005) (001/002)
- VendorID: 09ae
- ProductID: 2005
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
Unable to get HID descriptor (error sending control message: Operation
not permitted)
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000