Fwd: [Nut-upsdev] newhidups / Solaris 10 / APC RM1500

George A. Dowding gdowdin at cs.clemson.edu
Thu Mar 23 22:17:26 UTC 2006

Arnaud Quette wrote:

>I've now added the necessary things in the subversion repository
>thanks to your feedback. Note that I've not included Marty's point 4.
>
>To get it:  svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk
>
>feedback welcome.
>
>Arnaud
>--
>Linux / Unix Expert - MGE UPS SYSTEMS - R&D Dpt
>Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org/
>Debian Developer - http://people.debian.org/~aquette/
>OpenSource Developer - http://arnaud.quette.free.fr/

I checked out, compiled, and installed today.  I was able to
successfully run the following commands.  Is there anything else I can
do to verify that things are working properly or not?  Tomorrow I will
see about running upsmon.

lemon(tcsh)# uname -a
SunOS lemon.cs.clemson.edu 5.10 Generic_118822-25 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Blade-100lemon(tcsh)#

1. upsdrvctl

lemon(tcsh)# ./bin/upsdrvctl start

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.1.0
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.1.0)

Detected a UPS: American Power Conversion/Back-UPS RS 1500 FW:8.g8 .D
USB FW:g8
Using subdriver: APC/CyberPower HID 0.9

2. upsd

lemon(tcsh)# ./sbin/upsd
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
Connected to UPS [APCLEMON]: APCLEMON
Synchronizing...done

3. lemon(tcsh)# ./bin/upsc apclemon at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: 2001/09/25
battery.mfr.date: 2004/07/23
battery.runtime: 26040
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 27.1
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.1.0
driver.version.data: APC/CyberPower HID 0.9
driver.version.internal: 0.28
input.transfer.high: 126
input.transfer.low: 104
input.voltage: 119.0