[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: RE New xanto driver for NUT

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Fri May 12 17:00:29 UTC 2006

Hello Carlos,

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:

> That's the "megatec" protocol. The appropriate course of action should
> be to modify the "megatec" driver to support those models:
Last time we talked about it, we thought that the megatec driver would
need too many hacks in order to support the Xantos Models from Online-USV
and thus we should go with a seperate driver.
However, due to lack of time I couldn't work on the driver in the
meantime.

The problem is, while the Online USV devices do talk something very
similar to the megatec protocol, especially the status output of the UPS,
there are some differences in the protocol.

bye,
 andreas