[Nut-upsdev] Re: NUT: Belkin Universal driver - modification to -k behaviour

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue May 16 16:21:10 UTC 2006

Hi Jo,

thanks for the patch. This seems like a smart idea to me. I have to
study your patch carefully though, to make sure it will do the right
thing in all situations.

I guess your patch would eliminate the need for a custom shutdown
script.

If I understand correctly, modifications to the startup script would
still be required to ensure the computer does not mount any disks in
read/write mode until after the battery level is high enough to
survive another outage.

I tried to forward your message to the nut-upsdev mailing list, but
somehow this did not work. I have put the patch on the Alioth tracker
instead at

http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303445&group_id=30602&atid=411544

-- Peter