[Nut-upsdev] Krauler UP-M500VA investigation

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Tue Nov 14 22:52:45 CET 2006

Hi, Peter,

Thanks for the answer! I tried hardly to make it working with
currently available drivers, but it seems to be not supported at all :(
I tried to change vendor id in all subdrivers to correspond to my
hardware, but it didn't help. I've got a lot of messages about missing
reports and objects.
I checked docs/hid-subdrivers.txt also, very informative, thanks for
the link. But what should I do to know these hex values for usages?

That's what I get as an output (with vendorid in subdrivers unchanged):

admin at router:/tmp/harddisk/share/pub/system/development/newbuild/opt/bin> ./newhidups -DD -u admin -x vendorid=0001 /dev/usb/hid/hiddev0
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.4)

debug level is '2'
Checking device (0000/0000) (003/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: Linux 2.4.20 ehci_hcd
- Product: PCI device 1106:3104
- Serial Number: 01:03.2
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (04FC/0C15) (003/002)
- VendorID: 04fc
- ProductID: 0c15
- Manufacturer: Sunplus Technology Inc.
- Product: USB to Serial-ATA bridge
- Serial Number: SAMSUNG SPS09QJ1NL805434
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (002/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: USB UHCI Root Hub
- Serial Number: 120
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: USB UHCI Root Hub
- Serial Number: 100
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0001/0000) (001/003)
- VendorID: 0001
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
No appropriate HID device found
No matching USB/HID UPS found

UPS is the last one for sure.
By the way, option '-x generic' is not implemented.

 Alexander                          mailto:lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su