[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: IPv6 patch

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:28:28 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> can one of you take over the validation and application of the attached patch?
> I only have a doubt about the "struct sockaddr_storage" and its
> compatibility, but I've not deeply gone through the patch...

Arnaud,

this struct is mentioned in RFC 2553, but I don't know how many older
systems pre-date this RFC.

It looks like we could test for the struct with autoconf, and include
the example struct definition from RFC 2553 if necessary (since it is
intended to be backwards-compatible with the old sockaddr_in).

I don't have IPv6 set up correctly here at home, so I may not be the
best one to integrate this patch, though.

--
- Charles Lepple