[Nut-upsdev] Stack corruption in newhidups.c

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:25:42 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,

2006/9/29, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> OK, I've done that, and cleaned up the rhino driver a bit in the
> process.

thanks

> I don't really understand the purpose of the "Testing" branch. It has
> not been touched since July, as far as I can see. I also don't
> understand NUT's release cycle.
>
> Shouldn't we be making releases much more frequently? I.e., throw away
> the current "Testing" branch and create a new one from the current
> trunk? Is anybody actually testing the "Testing" branch? Release 2.0.4
> is now so outdated that we tell most users on nut-users to ignore it
> and download SVN sources.
>
> Our trunk is reasonably stable; I think we should just pick a random
> date, then copy the trunk to a branch called "2.0.5", wait for bug
> reports for a few weeks, then release it, then repeat. I know that
> there are many ambitious changes in progress that will make it into a
> future 2.2 release, but perhaps that is a bit too far in the future?

in fact, this results from legacy things that have not been reworked.

The NUT release process separate the development and stable things.

The idea is to have only bugfixes on Stable.
Testing is only there for pre Stable release.
Though I've had in mind to produce Stable from the trunk, that can't
apply everytime, since we don't want to lower reliability when we add
new features. That would also create new constraints for developers.
But I think we'll move to such things soon, possibly after 2.2 or 2.4.

Lastly, I'm really about to finish my internal big projects, so I'll
be back really soon...