[Nut-upsdev] Re: RE Network UPS Compatibility Report (Belkin F6H350deUNV)

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Fri Apr 20 23:43:39 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, Arnaud QUETTE <Arnaud.QUETTE at mgeups.com> wrote:
> Hello Fabian,
>
> > I got my UPS (Belkin F6H350deUNV) to work with the "megatec" driver.
> > Obviously the de/uk part in the name of these products are
> > localizations of some sort. So the F6H 350/500/750 UNV Home Office
> > products should all work with that driver.
[snip]
> thanks for your report. I know Carlos (the megatec developer) will be glad
> since
> he has put much effort in that driver. Btw, have you also tested the OB
> and shutdown
> (along with commands and variables setting) features?

If the driver detects the UPS and reports correct values, then this
should work too. But it would be nice to have confirmation though.

> Carlos: can you take care of completing the drivers.list information?
> Maybe a more generic label can be found to deal with the uk/de things
> (like "xx")...

I've added this model to my local copy of "driver.list", but I don't
know how I should include that extra information... I think there
should be an extra field in "driver.list" to write short comments.
This would be the right field to specify stuff like "Models XXX, YYY,
ZZZ are know to be identical to this UPS, but haven't been tested."

> btw, I find the ups.model data a bit strange...

I chose to fill that field with "$MODEL $VERSION" as reported by the
UPS, so the value is ok.

--
Carlos Rodrigues