[Nut-upsdev] NUT and libhid

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Aug 14 11:49:32 UTC 2007

I think the differences between NUT HID and libhid are probably
considerable at this point, as I've spent some time last year updating
the former.

- the report buffer,
- introduced a data structure to store the parsed report descriptor,
  rather than re-parsing it each time it is used,
- much improved conversion functions for physical and logical units,
- cleaned up many parts of the code, eliminated global variables where
  possible,
- and probably more.

I don't know how many changes you made to libhid since the fork;
perhaps it's easier to keep improving NUT's HID?

-- Peter