[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Fri Feb 2 23:27:11 CET 2007

Hi Jon,

Jon wrote:
>  Alexander,
>     I have just done a test with your code and it does work.

My primary concern is an error, I was talking about in my previous
posts.
Did you have it?
It only appears when you start the driver, then stop it and start it
again.

>     I was doing my work on the latest stuff from SVN to see if that
> would help in my investigations. I did not apply the patches from
> previous mails, just used the code in the later modules (the patch process produced errors).

>     It does not matter which version we use as both work for me,
> now. We just need to implement a few more commands into your code,
> if we use that, and work out how to implement the code that sends
> want to implement the TL, C and  CT commands, but I whilst I can see
> the reaction to these it is a little difficult to work out the code to use.

I'll try to figure it out. usbsnoop will help me :)

>     I think the F command may need a little more work as I think it
> may need to issue the '0x01' command first to get the manufacturer.

I think it won't be very hard to make it universal for both our
devices.

>     Anyway, both sets of code work, for me at least, so it is up to
> the powers that be to decide which way to go.

It's no need to throw away any code.
Since you've already written a working driver it can be used as well.
I think we should merge our subdrivers into one.

Jon wrote:
>  Peter,
>     The only changes that were needed was the addition of the
> get/set Ablerex code, or the using of the Krauler stuff for Ablerex.
> The 'usb_get_string_simple' does the same job as
> 'usb_get_descriptor', the former just has one less parameter, and
> during my investigations the simpler the better.

Thwy are slightly different as I know. Anyway I have a plan to change
'usb_get_descriptor' to 'usb_control_msg' to test if it can help to
reduce "USB No Ack" responses. There is yet another parameter you can
specify in that function - timeout. I tnik, it could help.

 Alexander                          mailto:lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su