[Nut-upsdev] Belkin F6C100-UNV + newhidups

James Rose james+nut-upsdev at stubbornroses.com
Fri Feb 16 23:12:22 CET 2007

I'll concede my config files were all screwed up, and I was missing a few
(including upsd.conf).  Thanks for the pointers.

It's strange that the debian packages didn't create any of the
configuration files in /etc/nut (but they were in the
/usr/share/doc/nut/examples).  I can't recall another package that
doesn't.  Perhaps that's worthy of filing a debian bug.

FYI, I had tried calling the driver with the productid code (it's just not
the example I posted [sorry]).  The results were the same.

NEW CONFS
=======ups.conf=======
[myups]
        driver = newhidups
        port = auto
        desc="belkin f6c100"

=======upsd.conf=======
ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
ACCEPT localhost
REJECT all

=======upsd.users=======
[admin]
        password = password
        allowfrom = localhost
        actions = SET
        instcmds = ALL
        upsmon master

=======upsmon.conf=======
MONITOR myups at localhost 0 admin password master #0 for now till this works
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 5

=======upssched.conf=======
CMDSCRIPT /usr/local/ups/bin/upssched-cmd

=======end config files=======

=======rerun after config changes=======

# /lib/nut/newhidups -D 3 -x productid=0910 /dev/usb/hiddev0

Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.0.5)

debug level is '1'
This particular Belkin device (050d/0910) is not (or perhaps not yet)
supported by newhidups. Try running the driver with the '-x productid=0910'
option. Please report your results to the NUT developer's mailing list.

No matching HID UPS found

=======For my own sanity=======

# ls -l /dev/usb/hiddev0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 180, 96 Feb 15 15:34 /dev/usb/hiddev0

=======Also tried with productid enabled and disabled in ups.conf=======

# upsdrvctl  -D start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
Starting UPS: myups
Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.0.5)

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

===

Regards,