[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r831 - in trunk: . docs scripts

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Feb 27 21:28:42 CET 2007

That's an excellent point.

However, if the user specifies a list of drivers with
--with-drivers=driver[,driver...], then it is not so easy to detect
whether any of these require USB support. For this, the configure
script would have to contain a list of USB drivers, which adds one
more thing to update that could easily be forgotten.

Is it a problem to install the hotplug/udev rules, even when no USB
driver has been requested? By default, this will only be done if the
corresponding directory exists, so should not give any errors or
strange behavior. The rule will never do anything unless a known UPS
is plugged into the USB port, in which case it's probably desired.

-- Peter